Saturday, January 12, 2013

F-L-O-W-E-R {Fun for Friday}





Okay everyone, before we get started on creating the beautiful little picture + poem up above, let's all be honest and agree collectively on one thing... 

Blog posts aren't my friend.  They don't call me first.  I don't even think I know where they live.  The only time we really get together is over a cup of coffee and even then all I can think about is how good the coffee tastes (rude, I know). I really am trying to keep up with it though,  I promise. 

For example: Fun for Friday being posted late Saturday night is a big fail.  A Fatty McFatherson FAIL.  (With even fattier cheese fries on top. Yum!)  While we are discussing food (and fat), I am eating Turtles right now.  The chocolatey ones.. not the real ones so don't freak out on me. Most likely the one person that would read this post would think I meant literally a turtle.

Back on track.  
Here is the fabulously awesomely Fun activity for your Family to do on Friday.. or any other day of the week really, but I can't guarantee it will be as fun if it isn't on Friday. 


Here is what you will need:
-paint
-paper
-children
-coffee
-candy (just in case the said above children don't cooperate.  This WILL. BE. FUN.)
-words

Step 1. Paint a picture of something.  Try to keep it simple since you will write using this word later on.  My 2 year old, 5 year old, and I each painted a flower.


1. Mine (The most awesome flower ever.)

2. My 5 year old's (for real)

3. My 2 year old's (in 5 years maybe)


Step 2:  I chose my 5 year old's painting to use for the story, but if you want to use all of them go for it. 

Steeeeeeep 3 (See, already getting bored and having to mix things up.. blogging ADD...):  Write about your picture using its "word" and your kids.  For example, my picture was a flower so I wrote the word "flower" down on a piece of paper and we thought of things to write about the flower using each letter of the word.  Like so-


(Yes, I misspelled "rained." Don't tell anyone.)

Step 4:  Put it all together. However you wish. Preferably as you drink your coffee.  Have you had to use that candy yet? :)  I did a little bit of editing to my picture/story in Photoshop, but I think it would be cute to write the story on the painting as well. 


"The Flower"
The fancy flower 
With leafy legs 
Opens its petals
To drink the water
Every morning
After it rains.



So now you have a cute little painting with a story, but most importantly another fun memory shared with the little farts (not appropriate?) I mean the fun little people in your life. *insert ding and orbit white smile here*

Have a great rest of the weekend everyone!
-Stacey




No comments:

Post a Comment

Let's talk about it!