Thursday, June 19, 2014

DIY Bathroom Design - A Leafy Forest

I've heard horror stories...
about wallpaper.  

I've never done it myself, but over the last few months I have been drawn to the idea of it.  This bathroom is just about as close to it as I have come.  However, I opted for painting it myself which I believe was much easier and definitely less expensive since I used paints that I already had here at the house.


This project was very similar to my dining room walls as it was not planned. I just woke up and decided to do it.  Painting something like this might seem like a lot to some of you, but it really is very simple to do.  I promise!

Let me explain...

Choose some paint colors that you already have around the house. Chances are they will match some other part of your house since you already had the paints, and if you want something new you can play around with them until you mix the perfect pop of color. 


I used white, black, and yellow. The white I have used for plenty of things around here, and the black and yellow were used for my son's Batman room. (I hope to finish and post that soon.)  

This was the bathroom before:


I used the white paint to repaint all of the walls.   
Then I mixed the white and black to come up with a gray I was happy with.  
I left the yellow as is. 

This is the bathroom that our guests use, which is also to the left of our front door as you walk in.  So it was very important that I gave it fresh look - it needed it now

I began to paint the trees.  I'm not very organized with these types of things so there's no measuring or sketching out this stuff before-hand. But, in all honestly, that's the beauty of it - original decorating at its finest. I find perfection in the flaws, as odd as that sounds. 


And so I began painting my trees... one by one, leaf by leaf...


From the ceiling to the floor...


Around the window...


And around the door... 


Until the bathroom was transformed into a leafy forest (as my 4 year old likes to say).


The bathroom still needs some updates, but I am pretty excited about the walls now!

Here is what it looked like at the end of the day...  



This was such a simple DIY project, you can do it too!
Watch the video below to see a mini tutorial of how I painted the trees and leaves.



Thanks for checking out my bathroom! :)


                                            -Stacey


No comments:

Post a Comment

Let's talk about it!